Congratulations to the 9 Post Doc fellows and PhD students, who will be attending the 4rd BBDC-Joslin-UCPH symposium with travel grants from the Danish Diabetes Academy.
The Banting and Best Diabetes Centre (BBDC), Joslin Diabetes Center (Joslin) and University of Copenhagen (UCPH) are hosting their fourth joint symposium on diabetes with the topic Diabetic Complications from Molecular Mechanisms to Patient Orientated Research in Toronto, November 20–21, 2017.
To continue the collaboration with the three oldest and largest diabetes centers in the world, the Danish Diabetes Academy has allocated up to 10.000 DKK (each) for 9 young researchers to attend the Training Day, organized by Danish Diabetes Academy for a total of 30 Post Doc fellows and PhD students from the three involved institutions, followed by the BBDC-Joslin-UCPH symposium.
The travel grant recipients are:
- Post Doc Ashfaq Ali, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Post Doc Elahu Sustarcic, NNF Center for Basic Metabolic Research
- PhD student Frida Emanuelsson, University of Copenhagen
- PhD student Laura Kofoed Kjaer, University of Copenhagen
- PhD student Lene Ring Madsen, Aarhus University
- PhD student Line Engelbrechtsen, NNF Center for Basic Metabolic Research
- PhD student Louise Lang Lehrskov, University of Copenhagen
- PhD student Nadja Buus Søndertoft, University of Copenhagen
- PhD student Piotr Dworzynski, Technical University of Denmark