DDA's Board of Directors have appointed the members of the DDA Committee for Education. It consist of 14 national experts within relevant diabetes areas and within education. The aim of the Committee is to plan educational and talent development activities for diabetes researchers affiliated to the DDA and this aim will be achieved through theoretical and practical courses, workshops, seminars, symposia, Summer Schools, Winter Schools and national/international meetings. These activities are undertaken with practical support from the Executive Management Team.
Faculties of science and health sciences at the Universities, University Hospitals, Medical Societies and relevant Life Science Industry as well as PhD students and postdocs funded by the DDA and all members of DDA have been asked to nominate qualified members for the Committee of Education.
Appointed members are:
- Associated Professor Mette Bjerre, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital
- Professor Louise Dalgaard, Department of Natural Science and Environment, Roskilde University
- Professor Nils Færgeman, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark (Chairman of the Committee)
- Director Sys Zoffmann Glud, INNO-X Healthcare, Aarhus University
- Professor Ramneek Gupta, Department of Bio and Health Informatics, the Technical University of Denmark
- Professor Ole Hejlesen, Department of Medicine and Health Technology, Aalborg University Hospital
- Associate Research Professor, Chief Physician Mads Hornum, Department of Nephrology, Rigshospitalet
- Professor Dorte Møller Jensen, Odense University Hospital
- Associated Clinical Research Professor Jesper Johannesen, Herlev and Gentofte Hospitals
- Chief Scientific Advisor Peter Kurtzhals, Novo Nordisk
- Chief Operating Officer Gretchen Repasky, DanSTEM
- PhD, MD Esben Søndergaard, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital
- Head of Research Head of Diabetes Management Research, Ingrid Willaing, Steno Diabetes Centre Copenhagen
- Professor Jørgen Wojtaszewski, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen
Committee members are appointed by the DDA Board of Directors for a period of 2½ years. Members may be re-appointed once.
Read more about the Committee of Education and the appointed members here.
Tore Christiansen, Managing Director, Danish Diabetes Academy, tel. 2964 6764