Below you can apply for scholarships covering expenses related to international scientists visiting a Danish research group for a period of 6 months or less with the purpose of fostering collaboration between Danish and International research groups in the diabetes field. Application deadline for this call is 12 August 2016 (expected date for reply medio November 2016).
WHO CAN APPLY
Applications can be submitted by Professors or researchers qualified as Assistant Professors.
At the time of allocation, the applicant has to be employed at a university outside Denmark and be invited and interested in collaboration with research members of the Danish Diabetes Academy located in Denmark.
- Have a PhD degree (in specific cases, exceptions to this can be made in agreement with the Academy secretariat)
- Have postdoctoral experience
- Have an excellent academic record
- Be able to document teaching experience
- Be willing to teach/give lectures and/or write reviews for Danish Diabetes Academy
- Be able to document intended collaboration with a scientific member of Danish Diabetes Academy.
A letter of support from the collaborating research manager as well as the relevant department chair should be included.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted via the online application form below.
The application must contain:
- *A research plan for the research including:
a. Specific aims including purpose of visit
b. Preliminary studies (if applicable)
c. Research design and methods
d. Literature cited (no page limit)
e. Detailed budget
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- Publication list with impact factor, number of first author publications, H-index and total citations
- PhD diploma
- Recommendation and acceptance from host research manager/host institution
- Curriculum vitae from host research manager (max 2 pages)
- Teaching experience
- Motivation letter including expected benefit to Danish diabetes research
*Page limit for Research Plan is 5 pages (font size 12, single spacing), including figures and tables but excluding references.
After submitting your application you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application - if you do not receive this email, contact the Academy secretariat to make sure that your application has been successfully submitted.
The Research Committee of the Danish Diabetes Academy will evaluate applications and make a recommendation to the Academy Board. The Academy Board will make the final decision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Danish Diabetes Academy will have no influence regarding the employment other than allocating the grant to the host institution. Terms of employment shall be a mutual agreement between the applicant and the institution/university where the research will take place.
Danish Diabetes Academy will cover expenses based on an individual basis for up to 6 months including salary, transportation and rent. The Academy will not cover operating expenses.
For further information about the visiting scientist programme, please contact Managing Director Tore Christiansen, firstname.lastname@example.org